Collaboration Fund – How To Apply
The White Rose University Consortium invites applications for projects to support and encourage emerging research collaborations across the Universities of Leeds, Sheffield and York where there is a compelling rationale for the Universities to collaborate. Projects can be in any, and across any, research areas and have the aspiration to build larger and longer-term initiatives, and secure external investment.
White Rose has a strong commitment to EDI and applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We believe the opportunity to build collaborative skills and experience is valuable in promoting an inclusive and a productive research culture.
A summary of previously funded projects can be found here.
Information will be added to our newspage when the next round of funding is advertised. Please subscribe to our mailing list to hear when the funding is open.
The Collaboration Fund was reviewed in 2021, which has led to renewed investment, and changes in the scheme from 2022 onwards.
It is important that all the guidance is read carefully before submission of your application. Please review the key features and guidance here.
The proposal will be assessed against the following assessment criteria:
- Quality of the proposed project
- Logic for White Rose collaboration
- Supporting the career development of project members
Other key criteria are set out below:
- Applications must include participants from all three Universities.
- Each application must include a minimum of two members of staff (post doctoral researchers are eligible) per institution, with a lead member of academic staff identified at each University. The partners need to identify an agreed lead academic/University as having overall responsibility for the project.
- No payment will be made for academic staff time.
- Each project should have a value of between £8k-20k. Applicants are advised to consider what resources they need for the project, rather than aiming for the upper limit. We anticipate investing in around five to seven projects for this round.
Support for Developing White Rose Collaborations
White Rose Engagement:
The White Rose team wishes to work with applicants to understand the collaboration opportunity and how a compelling project could be developed. Applicants are strongly encouraged to work with the White Rose team to discuss and develop the idea. Please contact Karen Tsui, firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 07880 182777
There is a webinar to introduce the scheme and you can watch this here.
If you have any enquiries regarding this scheme please contact Karen Tsui Tel: 07880 182777